This is the perfect entry level setup plus some useful extras to get involved in home brewing. It contains all the same items as the standard brewery except that the fermenter and accessories are German made SPEIDEL brand.
The setup comprises;
- Complete instructions for your first brew.
- Grain and Grape USIPA Ale Fresh Wort Kit.
- Fermentis US-05 dried American ale yeast.
- SPEIDEL 30 litre HDPE plastic fermenter.
- SPEIDEL HDPE Plastic Tap.
- SPEIDEL Airlock and silicon bung.
- Long handled plastic spoon.
- Long bottle brush.
- Brewers bottler.
- Hydrometer and test jar.
- Adhesive polychromic thermometer.
- Carbonation drops.
- Pack of 100 crown seals.
- Hammer type plastic handled capper.
- 250ml bottle of StellarSan sanitizer.
- 1kg pack of Oxyclean cleaner.
- 5ml Syringe and tubing to measure sanitizer.
- 500ml Atomizer bottle for sanitizer.
A pale ale brewed in the true American style, malty and aggressively hopped with Cascade, Centennial and Columbus with assertive bitterness but good balance making it a flavoursome yet easy drinking style.
This is a beer that is worth experimenting with in terms of Dry Hopping. It is not essential but if you’d like to experiment you could try 40g to 80 grams of any classic IPA Hop. Citra, Galaxy, Mosaic and Simcoe in the fermenter 3 days before packaging.
Matt (from Grain and Grape) fermented one and used the following dry hops in the fermenter 3 days before packaging:
Matt tells us that most guys that tasted it thought it was awesome and quite a few guys asked for the recipe after having a sample.
Approximate cube volume: 16.5L.
Starting Gravity: 1.064 undiluted, 1.054 with 3 litres of water added
Bitterness: 61 IBU’s using Magnum hops for bittering.
Grist make up: BB Ale 49% Signature PIls 49%, Best Carahell 2%
Flavour hopped with Centennial, Columbus, Chinook
Wyeast 1056 or 1272. SAF US05 or Danstar BRY97.