Hosted by experienced brewers with a diverse range of backgrounds, our Saturday brewing presentations are relaxed, welcoming and free of charge. They start at 9:00am and finish sometime between midday and 1:00pm.
Taking the lead from Ben and following the kegging theme, Geoff will be presenting his slant on packaging beer into kegs and how to kick the bottle habit. He won't be addressing everything kegs, but he will be:
- Taking a keg apart and talking about each of the bits. Putting it back together again.
- Explaining why he likes new kegs more than old kegs.
- Cleaning, rinsing, sanitising. Why it is important.
- Filling a keg with sanitiser and blowing it all out again with CO2. Explaining Why.
- Plumbing the keg into a fermenter tap, or a siphon, including how to start one the One True Way.
- Transferring a fermenter of liquid into a keg, including a demonstration of The Hammond Tilt method of not overfilling it.
- Filtering. Not filtering. Why. Why Not.
- Pluto gun serve.
- PET Bottling from a keg for short term purposes (going next door for a beer).
And if that isn't enough to interest you, beer will be falling out of beer taps at our almost famous Wall of Beer.
The fun starts around 9:00am And Never Stops... until the shop closes.
Details to come, but you know it will be Dan-ish.